Truffled cauliflower puree with mushrooms and sage butter – creamy and delicious dish, infused with the earthly aroma of truffles and sage, and topped with an oozy egg.Course Main DishPrep Time 5 minutesCook Time 25 minutesTotal Time 30 minutesServings 2Calories 360 kcalAuthor Viktoria
- 1 medium cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbs truffle oil
- 2 Tbs Parmesan cheese (plus more for topping)
- 1/2 lbs mushrooms of choice, sliced (I used nameko)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs butter
- 10-12 sage leaves
- 2 eggs
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets and cook for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, sautee the mushrooms in a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. Remove from heat, and keep in a warm place.
- Drain the cauliflower well. In a food processor, add the cooked cauliflower, the garlic clove, truffle oil, Parmesan cheese, and salt and black pepper to taste. Process until creamy, taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Make the poached eggs using your favorite method. I love Jamie Oliver’s plastic wrap trick which produces a nice, tight egg parcel.
- Just before serving, melt the butter and cook until it browns slightly. Add the sage leaves and quickly fry them.
- Assemble the dish by dividing the cauliflower puree evenly among two plates, top with the sauteed mushrooms, drizzle with the sage butter, and place a poached egg on top. Sprinkle some freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and don’t forget to add the crunchy sage leaves too.